National Criminal Law Program
2015 ANNUAL NATIONAL CRIMINAL LAW PROGRAM
Evidence, Ethics and the Administration of Justice
July 6 - 10, 2015
(Advance registration on Sunday, July 5, 2015)
Shaw Conference Centre, 9797 Jasper Avenue Northwest
THE 2015 PROGRAM AND SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE HERE (PDF)
THE 2015 FACULTY LIST IS AVAILABLE HERE (PDF)
$750 + $37.50 (5%) GST = $787.50 for registrants called to the Bar before 2010
$495 + $24.75 (5%) GST = $519.75 for registrants called to the Bar 2010 or after
Registration fee includes attendance, program materials (hard copy including USB stick or USB stick only based on your selection during registration), daily light breakfast and refreshment breaks, and Monday end of day reception (cash bar). Attendees must make their own travel and accommodations arrangements (see below for Program hotel blocks).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Canada’s largest criminal law conference
- Nationally recognized faculty of Canada’s finest judges, Crown prosecutors, and defence counsel
- Practice related Program sponsors and exhibitors
- Two volumes of written material, created specifically for the Program
- Mix of plenary, break-out and small group workshop sessions
- First Time Attendee Reception
- Monday Opening Reception (cash bar)
- Optional Thursday social event (information coming soon)
- Over 20 CPD credits/hours recognized by every province/territory!
- Nearly a dozen new faculty members
- Choice of Monday and Thursday break-out sessions, including the following new advanced-level break-outs designed for participants with significant criminal law experience:
- The Common Purpose [Co-Conspirator’s] Exception to the Hearsay Rule
- Fresh Evidence on Appeal
- Third Party Suspects and Inadequate Police Investigations
- “Mr. Big” Goes to Ottawa
- Choice of Tuesday and Thursday workshop sessions, including:
- Tuesday and Thursday English or French small group workshop with discussion of problems and answers (problems distributed during registration)
- Tuesday and Thursday Persuasive Writing workshop with James Raymond
- Tuesday Management of the Admissibility Voir Dire workshop and Thursday Management of Evidentiary Issues at Trial workshop, led by The Hon. Justice David Watt
ACCOMODATIONS AND TRAVEL
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel and accommodations arrangements. The Federation has arranged a number of hotel blocks with special Program room rates as follows. Reservation cut-off dates for all Program blocks, subject to room availability, is June 1, 2015. When making your reservation, please ask for the National Criminal Law Program or Federation of Law Societies of Canada room rate.
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, 10065-100 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Reservations: 1.866.540.4468. Web site: here. $199 - $259 night, single occupancy, with complimentary internet access. 2 minutes’ walk from Shaw Conference Centre.
- Westin Edmonton, 10135-100 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Reservations: 1.800.228.3000. Web site here. $189 - $239 night, single occupancy, with complimentary internet access. Across from Shaw Conference Centre.
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, One Thornton Court, 99 Street and Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Reservations: 1.866.441.7591. Web site: here. $146 night, single occupancy, with complimentary internet access. Immediately next door to Shaw Conference Centre.
- Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel, Edmonton City Centre, 10222 102 Street Northwest, Edmonton, AB, Reservations: 1.800.268.1133. The hotel's web site is here. $144 night, double occupancy for one bedroom suite, connected to shopping centre, 10 min walk to Shaw Conference Centre.
CPD credits/hours for the following accrediting provinces will be updated as we receive approvals/accreditation:
- BC: Pending
- SK: Pending
- ON: Pending
- QC: Pending
- NB: Pending
Attendees from all other mandatory CPD jurisdictions may count their actual attendance hours at the Program towards their annual CPD requirements or plan.
Please contact Jessica Grant, Program Coordinator, 110 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M4R 1A3, Tel: (647)352.8733, Fax: (647) 352.8533, Email: email@example.com.
- 2016: July 4-8, Charlottetown, PEI
- 2017: Vancouver, B.C.