National Criminal Law Program
2014 ANNUAL NATIONAL CRIMINAL LAW PROGRAM
Criminal Procedure, Ethics and the Charter
July 7 - 11, 2014
World Trade and Convention Centre, 1800 Argyle Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The National Law Program is Canada’s largest criminal law conference attracting more than 700 practitioners, judges and others in criminal and criminal/regulatory law.
YOU CAN REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
THE 2014 PROGRAM AND SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE HERE (PDF)
THE 2014 FACULTY LIST IS AVAILABLE HERE (PDF)
$750 + $112.50 (15%) HST = $862.50 for registrants called to the Bar before June 2009
$495 + $74.25 (15%) HST = $569.25 for registrants called to the Bar in June 2009 or after
- Canada’s largest criminal law conference
- Nationally recognized faculty of Canada’s finest judges, Crown prosecutors, and defence counsel
- Two volumes of written material, created specifically for the Program
- Mix of plenary, break-out and small group workshop sessions
- First Time Attendee Reception
- Monday Opening Reception
- Optional Thursday social event(s)
- Over 20 CPD credits/hours recognized by every province/territory!
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Advanced-level break-outs designed for participants with significant criminal law experience
- Tuesday and Thursday Jury Instructions Workshop with The. Hon. Justice David Watt
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Judges, Crown prosecutors, defence counsel, regulatory law practitioners, law enforcement personnel, students and others involved or interested in criminal and criminal/regulatory law
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Registration fee includes attendance, Program materials (hard copy with CD or CD only based on your selection during online registration), daily light breakfast and refreshment breaks, and Monday end of day reception (cash bar).
- Registration is online by Visa or MasterCard through this website only. If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard you can obtain a prepaid card through most major financial institutions.
- Organizations/firms may register multiple delegates at one time.
- For group registrations of more than 20, please contact Program Coordinator Jessica Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A valid email is required to register. Confirmations and receipts will be sent by email.
- No registration will be processed without the required payment in full.
- Registration is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is recommended.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by the Program Coordinator at email@example.com, on or before May 26, 2014 for a refund to be issued. A $50.00 fee + HST will be withheld from any refund. No refunds will be issued after May 26, 2014. Once a cancellation has been issued, no substitutions will be permitted.
Delegates are encouraged to stay at Federation arranged room blocks (within close proximity to the Convention Centre), and to book as early as possible to help us meet our room block obligations. When making your reservation, please clearly indicate that you wish to be counted as part of and receive the room block rate for the Federation of Law Societies of Canada National Criminal Law Program.
- Prince George Hotel - $205 single occupancy including internet, cut-off date of June 6, 2014, www.princegeorgehotel.com, 1725 Market Street Halifax, NS, B3J 3N9, Tel: (902) 425-1986, Fax: (902) 492-7834, Toll Free: 1-800-565-1567
- Delta Barrington - $156 - $189 single/double occupancy including internet, cut-off date of June 12, 2014, www.deltahotels.com/Hotels/Delta-Barrington, 1875 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS, B3J 3L6 Tel: (902) 429-7410, Fax: (902) 420-6524, Toll Free: 1-888-890-3222
- Delta Halifax - $156 - $174 single/double occupancy including internet, www.deltahotels.com/Hotels/Delta-Halifax, 1990 Barrington St, Halifax, NS B3J 1P2, B3J 1P2 Tel: (902) 425-6700, Fax: (902) 492-6405, Toll-Free: 1-888-890-3222
Additional more economical room block coming soon. To receive notice when this information is added please email the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD credits/hours for the following accrediting provinces will be updated as we receive approvals/accreditation:
- BC: Coming soon
- SK: Coming soon
- ON: Coming soon
- QC: Coming soon. Please note that Certificates of Attendance are issued automatically by email in August via our online registration system. If you wish to receive a Certificate of Attendance please make sure you use a Quebec address when registering online.
- NB: Coming soon
Attendees from all other mandatory CPD jurisdictions may count their actual attendance hours at the Program towards their annual CPD requirements or plan.
MORE CONFERENCE NEWS COMING
Keep checking back as we'll be posting more information about Thursday evening social events, T-shirt purchases, and Exhibitors. Meanwhile, see the Program Schedule and Faculty List links above or download the complete Program brochure above.
Please contact Jessica Grant, Program Coordinator, 110 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M4R 1A3, Tel: (647)352.8733, Fax: (647) 352.8533, Email: email@example.com.
- 2015: July 6-10, Edmonton, AB
- 2016: July 4-8, Charlottetown, PEI